cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Appliance setup in Windows 2003 AD envionrment

trbonja05
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for information on setting up ACS appliance version 4.1.1.23 in Windows 2003 Active Directory environment. Intention is to authenticate users ( hand-held barcode scanners & few laptops running windows XP pro SP2) with AD. At the moment I'm stuck with certificate issues as appliance is running windows 2000. Please provide any links you may have. Also, Cisco authorized training on this matter is very hard to find in Toronto Area.

Current equipment & configuration:

- ACS appliance 4.1.1.23

- 3 x cisco Aironet 1240AG

- Server Cert from Windows CA imported in to ACS

- AP configured to use ACS for autentication(shared password) - Followed User guides and white papers from this site, but there was no exact match for my network guide so had to take info from quite a few guides.

When laptop attempts to authenticate I get error that no valid certificate was found even though I've imported client cert manually.

Thank you in Advance,

Trbonja

2 Replies 2

steve.busby
Level 5
Level 5

ACS Solution Engines can not authenticate directly against AD. Try this document to properly set up your ACS Remote Server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_solution_engine/4.1/installation/guide/remote_agent/rase41.html

HTH

Steve

Thank you for reply Steve. Two agents are installed on couple of DC & each is recognized by ACS.

Also a single Active Directory group was mapped to ACS group. This was mentioned in most white papers. Anything else I should check?

regards,

Trbonja

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card