Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACU 6 linkspeed never changes -- why?

I'm trying to use the ACU site survey tools to map out some locations. I'm using a 350 and ACU 6 connecting to a 1220 802.11b AP. I've got a PIII 450 IBM laptop running XP. My AP is set for 1 = basic, 2 = basic, 5.5 = yes, 11 = yes

My problem -- no matter where I walk and no matter how poor my signal, I always see a link speed of 11 Mbps. I've set the card for auto negotiate, and I've even tried setting it at 1 Mbps but the ACU always displays 11 Mbps.

Does anyone know if this is a bug?

I ws expecting the further I walked away I'd see the active site survey drop to 5.5, then 2, then 1 Mbps, and then drop. Nope. stays at 11 Mbps.

help?

thanks

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: ACU 6 linkspeed never changes -- why?

When the client is in Site Survey mode, it will not change the data rate. This is an excerpt from a document explaining the site survey procedures: "The bit rate at which packets are transmitted. Rate shifting does not occur during the test because the echo test built into the radio firmware does not support it."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4555/products_installation_and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080154eb2.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content