Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ACU does not support WPA-PSK - Now what?

I have been tasked with upping the encryption on my wireless network from 128-bit WEP to WPA of any flavor. I would prefer to use WPA-PSK because our small network has no authentication system in place and I am not likely to get approval to purchase any. We have a couple dozen handheld scanners running Windows CE with Cisco 350 radios and the ACU connecting to 1200 series WAPs with the most current IOS. While checking to see if a firmware or utility upgrade would allow me to support WPA-PSK I found this post:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=Getting%20Started%20with%20Wireless&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddc7263/0#selected_message

Whoops! Guess not!

So now I know that ACU will not support WPA-PSK, and my Windows CE handheld scanners will not support the MS WZC either.

Does anyone have a suggestion for an encryption solution using our existing hardware? Best solution would be a different client utility which would support WPA-PSK.

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies