Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Add license file to wireless LAN Controller in HA Mode (AP SSO)

Hi, I have a cluster of wireless lan controller in HA mode AP SSO modelo 5508 and I would like to add license file to the controller with the ap count license, but I check the now I have with the status "ACTIVE" the wlc that has HA SKU license "no license". I this case I could to the process normal to add license or I need to force a switchover between the controller and after applied the license file in the correct Wireless lan controller?

6 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hi,For high-availability

Hi,

For high-availability controllers when you enable HA, the controllers  synchronize with the enabled license count of the primary controller and support  high availability for up to the license count enabled on the primary controller.

Thus in future, you just need to add license on primary.(No need to force a switchover).

Hope it helps.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi Sandeep,I think you still

Hi Sandeep,

I think you still need to reboot the WLC to install the licenses? Which in turns forces a switchover. Then as I like to have the primary WLC as Active I need to failback again.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.4/configuration/guides/system_management/config_system_management_chapter_011.html#ID307

VIP Purple

Hi,Let me clarify:I think you

Hi,

Let me clarify:

I think you still need to reboot the WLC to install the licenses?

Yes reboot only to Primary WLC after adding new licence file but there is no need for force swicthover to scondary.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts.

hi sandeep ..

hi sandeep ..

after add license and i do reboot command on the Primary WLC, is it BOTH WLC will reboot or only the Primary one and the Secondary will be Actice WLC..??

i need to know because i plan to add license on my Production WLC HA

thanks

Hall of Fame Super Silver

If you have a 7510, 8510,

If you have a 7510, 8510, 5520 or 8540, you can just add the license without a reboot. If it's a 5508, then you have to reboot the primary unit using the redundant force switchover command.

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Q. Do I need to buy access

Q. Do I need to buy access point licenses on my standby controller?
A. No. When the active controller is unavailable, the standby controller will adopt the licenses from the primary controller. It is expected that the customer will be able to get the primary controller back online within 90 days. After 90 days, the customer will get a daily reminder to switch back to the primary controller.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content