Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AG1232 Acess point and HP 4100 Switch

Hello,

I have a Watchguard X500 Firewall, an AG1232 AP, and a HP Switch. The switch has three vlan's on it. The DEFAULT_VLAN, INTERNET, VOIP. I have two SSID's on the AP, one is in guest mode using VLAN 72. THE OTHER is Private for internal use using VLAN 1 which is the default VLAN id for the HP Switch (DEFAULT_VLAN). The private net is running 192.168.4.0. The ip for the AP is from this net. I have a int enabled on the X500 with a dhcp providing ip's for the guest subnet which is 192.168.5.0 on VLAN 72. The Guest SSID's VLAN is also 72.

Here is my problem:

I can connect to the private net using wireless no problem, If I use the public (which is broadcasting) it connects but does not receive an ip. If I manually configure the IP it still doesn't work. I can connect physically to the ports configured for the 72 VLAN on my switch and be able to get the ip from the X500, and surf the internet provided that I manually type in the external DNS servers address.

The AP's port connects to a trunk port using the following command:

trunk b20-b21 trk2 trunk

The ethernet int of the AP is connected to b20 on the switch. I have a policy set on the Firewall for the 192.168.5.0 net forwarding http port 80 out to the external wan link.

I am pretty sure I am messing up a couple of places but not sure where? Do I set a policy up for DHCP server and client? I can physically connect to the 72 VLAN and get an ip, so I am thinking the problem is either with my trunk or some config in the AP? I know I read somewhere in the forum about the Native VLAN, that it needs to be separate? Does that mean that I need to take all the ports of the HP Switch's default_vlan and put them on another VLAN so the native vlan is used for management only? Also, is there a way of being able to use my internal dhcp without comprimising security, and being able to assign guest ip's for the 72 VLAN, I am more interested in the DNS part than anything else. The X500 dhcp is working fairly decent. The X500 also serves as a router. I am using static routes on it, as the network is fairly small. Total of 50 folks. I am pushing these folks to buy Cisco equipment from now on!

Please help!

Sincerely

dazed and confused

2 REPLIES

Re: AG1232 Acess point and HP 4100 Switch

Never mind,

I figured it out.... Thanks

Re: AG1232 Acess point and HP 4100 Switch

What was the solution? We ran into an issue with an HP switch and Cisco wireless. We replaced the HP switch with a Cisco switch and it worked fine, no changes on the AP. Let me know what you did, it might have been something we missed on the HP.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content