Views
Helpful
Replies

Air-1310G-A-K9-R won't associate

philbe
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i've tried an number of configs and can never get to the two APs to associate, any help greatly appreciated.

I don't get much in the log files:

*Mar  1 00:00:18.714: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface BVI1, changed state to up

*Mar  1 00:00:20.750: %DOT11-4-CANT_ASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio0, cannot associate: No Response *Mar  1 00:00:18.714: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface BVI1, changed state to up
*Mar  1 00:00:20.750: %DOT11-4-CANT_ASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio0, cannot associate: No Response

A flashing Green on the Root and a flashing red or amber on the non-root. Basically not associating.

Have attached the configs.

thanks

phil

12 Replies 12

pcroak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phil,

Try setting the station-role on the radios as follows, let's see if you have a different result:

Root:

station-role root bridge

Non-root:

station-role non-root bridge

-Pat

Tried that, and it just swaps the error around

As soon as i issue the command 'non-root bridge' it puts the dot1 0 interface into 'reset and down'

pcroak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hmm, alright.

If I find some time tomorrow I will try your config in the lab and let you know the results.

How far apart are the bridges? Internal or External Antennas?

In the meantime you could enable some dot11 mgmt debugs to see if any associations are even arriving on the root:

term mon

debug dot11 dot0 trace print mgmt
debug dot11 station connection failure

-Pat

many thanks   They are across the desk from each other, only 10ft / 3 metres apart

pcroak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

OK, just had to verify we had proper RF signal -- that should be more than sufficient (although, if they are external antenna models, would want to have an antenna connected).

Also, what version of code are you running on them?

-Pat

it has a power injector, that has the ether/consol/co-ax and a box that is the antenna with co-ax, sorry this is my first time with them.

ap#sh ver

Cisco IOS Software, C1310 Software (C1310-K9W7-M), Version 12.3(8)JEA3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2007 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Wed 21-Nov-07 14:03 by ccai

ROM: Bootstrap program is C1310 boot loader

BOOTLDR: C1310 Boot Loader (C1310-BOOT-M) Version 12.3(2)JA4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

ap uptime is 1 hour, 8 minutes

System returned to ROM by power-on

System image file is "flash:/c1310-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEA3/c1310-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEA3"

cisco AIR-BR1310G-A-K9-R   (PowerPCElvis) processor (revision B0) with 24566K/8192K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID FOC15024Y63

PowerPCElvis CPU at 262Mhz, revision number 0x0950

Last reset from power-on

1 FastEthernet interface

1 802.11 Radio(s)

32K bytes of flash-simulated non-volatile configuration memory.

Base ethernet MAC Address: E0:5F:B9:EA:B0:BE

Part Number                          : 73-8960-09

PCA Assembly Number                  : 800-24963-06

PCA Revision Number                  : B0

PCB Serial Number                    : FOC15024Y63

Top Assembly Part Number             : 800-28763-01

Top Assembly Serial Number           : FTX1504U0F1

Top Revision Number                  : A0

Product/Model Number                 : AIR-BR1310G-A-K9-R

thanks phil

pcroak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phil,

Alright, I loaded your version of code on a set of 1310 bridges here, and as soon as I pasted in your configurations the bridge link came right up...

I don't think we're dealing with a software/configuration issue at this point. We might have a hardware failure (bad AP/radio/antenna). Your 1310s are the external antenna model so you will need to have an antenna connected to the port -- even if they are 10 feet away.

One thing you could do to test -- setup the AP to be a normal AP (station-role root) and see if a client can connect?

-Pat

Thanks Pat, that's great to know. Forgive my igorance, but do i need an 'aerial' connected to the 'box' that i'm guessing was the aerial? Should that have been supplied?

It has the connection for the co-ax from the power-injector and connections for co-ax marked; 'Primary Right' and another marked 'Left'

I'll put in a base config to see if i can get a connection for wifi-laptop-client for each of the units.

Many thanks

phl

pcroak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does the antenna have some sort of part number on it?

i have :

2x Cisco AIR-BR1310G-A-K9-R (with co-ax) I was assuming the aerial/antenna was in this unit, though there are co-ax connections on the unit.

2x AIR-PWRINJ-BLR2     (power injector with consol/ether/co-ax)

pcroak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Oh, alright. The AIR-BR1310G-A-K9 (without the R on the end) does have internal integrated antenna.

The model that you have, -R, requires the use of external antenna elements. You should see two RP-TNC (looks like coax) connectors on the unit itself.

You'll want to connect an antenna to the Primary (Right) connector -- optionally you can connect a 2nd antenna to the Left port for diversity. This is likely why the bridge is not associating -- even at 10 feet, there is no antenna to propogate RF.

Here is the datasheet for the 1310, which has compatible antennas:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps5861/product_data_sheet09186a008022198b.html

Details about the antennas:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps7183/ps469/product_data_sheet09186a008008883b.html

-Pat

Many MANY thanks for your help, i'll check with the supplier.

thanks again 

phil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card