Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-ANT2465P-R antenna with AIR-CAP1602E-E-K9

Hi,

we are planning to replace some older accesspoints which all have the AIR-ANT2465P-R antenna.

The accesspoint im looking on is the 1602E.

Would it be possible to still use those antennas with the 1602E accesspoint considering only using output A & B disabling C and completely disabling the 5ghz radio?

I understand there will be a performance hit on speed & no beamforming.

I can't see why it would´nt work?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Okay... well if the WLC and AP's are going to be replaced, then the antennas should be also.  I wouldn't even bother replacing anything just to use the same antenna.  Just my 2cents.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

Okay... well if the WLC and AP's are going to be replaced, then the antennas should be also.

Agree with this.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It will work. yes it will ofcourse hit speed and beamforming.

Since AP-1600 has only three antenna ports, the extra , 4th , antenna lead can be left unused

But try to use to use the specifc antenna for specific AP as cisco recommand.

Regards

Hi,

This antenna only got 2 ports, so my plan is to leave port C.

I never used this kind of stuff but still you can try it.

Recommandation: use antenna for 1602 AP :

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-antennas-accessories/at_a_glance_c45-513837.pdf

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why buy a 1602E? 

This antenna is a high gain antenna for 2.4 Ghz. 

So this means that the wireless clients can hear the strong signal from the AP but the AP may not be able to hear the return from the wireless clients. 

I'd rather get the 1602I instead.  Less hassle.

Hi,

No we have to use those antennas since they are wall mounted and directed down isles in a warehouse. They have been working perfectly with our old 1020 ap's. But now we're going to replace those old ap's with something newer because of replacing the old 4402 controllers.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your solution will not work!!!!!!

The 1602 requires a minimum code of v7.4 and the 4402 can only support up to v7.0.x

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

I have done many warehouses/manufacturing/deployments. I would not swap out an access point and reuse the antenna and this is why. Technology changes and requirements for wireless have changed. Back in the days people use to just blast signal without really understanding RF. If racks and or the layout has changed, then you need to also redesign the wireless. A site survey is something that you need to look into. You spend the money now, it will cost you less later.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Your solution will not work!!!!!

I think he's replacing the WLC, Scott. 

Okay... well if the WLC and AP's are going to be replaced, then the antennas should be also.  I wouldn't even bother replacing anything just to use the same antenna.  Just my 2cents.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

Okay... well if the WLC and AP's are going to be replaced, then the antennas should be also.

Agree with this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card