Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AIR-ANT2588P3M-N Deployment on a Mobile trailer

We are installing 3x 2.4-GHz/5-GHz 8-dBi Directional Antenna (AIR-ANT2588P3M-N) in an inline configuration on a mobile trailer for a mining site.  Currently, I am designing the head frame for the antennas and need some input on how far apart the antennas (horizontal spacing) should be placed. 

The plan is part a mobile AP deployment with the 1552E and EU.  I am not the network designer.  In this case, I have been asked to work on the mount design.  So, I am working with what I know, which is what is stated above.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Three of these per AP?  What

Three of these per AP?  What for?  

This antenna has three antenna "ports".  The only AP that can use this is the 1602E.  So one antenna can plug directly to a 1602E.  

Karschnik,  you only need 1

Karschnik,  you only need 1 AIR-ANT2588P3M-N per AP, not 3 for the 1552E.  Your 1552EU's need one each 2g and 5g antenna.

and all your hard work was already done by Cisco, just buy the mounting kits.

Leo,  My first thought also, but this flavor has N connectors to the 1602e's rptnc's.

This antenna is listed in the current 1520 series buyers guide. for the 1552E

The 1552EU needs 1 ea AIR-ANT2413P2M-N and AIR-ANT5114P2M-N

Dont forget the AIR-ACCPMK1550 pole mount and the

AIR-ACCAMK-1 directional Antenna Mount Kit.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/1550/quick/guide/1550antbracket.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1550-series/data_sheet_c78-719520.pdf

However, the EU version of the 1552 has 2 sets of 3 single band antenna ports, where the E has 1 set of 3 dual band ports.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content