Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AIR-AP1131AG

I would like to seutp a new AIR-AP1131AG that I purchased using RADIUS (pointing to a Windows 2003 server running RADIUS /IAS).

I have some other access points in my environment already doing this, I just can seem to get this new one to cooperate.

I already have the server defined under the SECURITY / SERVER MANAGER  section of the access point and a SSID created - but the problem I am having is getting the SSID to use the new server that I setup. I would like to use WAP2/Enterprise and have it point to the Radius server to do the authentication, but I cant seem to figure out how to do that.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES
Bronze

AIR-AP1131AG

Hi, 

As you mention you will just need to add the IP address and shared secret 
of the external radius server to the AP, select the order to use and then
link the SSID to the radio and set the encryption to use.

Check on the following link. 
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008054339e.shtml#ent

AIR-AP1131AG

Thanks, followed the article again and this time it is working. Now I need to setup my vlans and fine tune this for my office. Thanks for the link.

AIR-AP1131AG

Is there an article that includes setting up and using VLANs?

Bronze

AIR-AP1131AG

here is the link that expalins how to configure VLANS.

Just keep in mind that if the access point has an IP address for VLAN X, this VLAN X needs to be set as the native VLAN and on the switchport it needs to be the same VLAN X.

Example:

If the access point has an IP address fro VLAN 30, then VLAN 30 needs to be the native on both the AP and switch.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_example09186a00801d0815.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content