Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

air-ap1242ag-e-k9

Hi All,

I have couple of sites using AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9 with 4400 WLC and 3750WLC. As a part of expansion we bought some more LAP but mistakenly bought AIR-AP1242AG-E-K9 instead of AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9. and of course this new AP's are not working with the none of WLCs. Its obtaining the IP using discovery but won't come online. Is there a way to use this 'E' (I hope its European) AP's with current environment? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in Advance

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Operationally, you can't get

Operationally, you can't get the "-E" AP to join a WLC with "-A" regulatory domain enabled. 

Some people would like to recommend that you enable the "-E" alongside the "-A" regulatory domain but some of us DO NOT recommend you do this.  You see, when you enable "-E" and "-A", it not only contrevene telecommunications regulations but, operationally, you'll get more trouble.  

802.11 wireless regulation for "-A" and "-E" are in  conflict.  This means half of your radios will go into "Adminstrative disable" because only COMMON regulatory rules will be enabled.  Regulatory rules which are in conflict with each other, like 802.11a/n, will be disabled.  

The real options you've got is to run your "-E" AP in autonomous mode or talk to the reseller and ask them (nicely) to take the old APs back.

I totally agree with Leo- E

I totally agree with Leo

- E is for Europe

You can add a country from Europe but this will have some limitations for 5 GHz channels

Best solution is to contact your account manager and ask them to replace the APs with correct one that will work in your regulatory domain.

Cheers,

Nour

The AP and the WLC must be in

The AP and the WLC must be in the same regulatory domain so that they can join each other.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content