cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

AIR-CAP1602I-E-K9 keeps getting deassociated from Cisco WLC 5508

Hi Team,

One on our access point keep getting De-associated from cisco wlc and continuously i use to get alarms from prime. Following is the Uptime and associated time on AP in controller:

Time Statistics
UP Time
Controller Associated Time
Controller Association Latency

Following is the messages i am getting from Prime:

PI has detected a change in one or more alarms of category AP and severity Critical in Virtual Domain ROOT-DOMAIN.
The new severity of the following items is Clear:
1. Message: AP 'Name' associated with Controller 'x.x.x.x' on Port number '13'.
E-mail will be suppressed up to 30 minutes for these changes.PI has detected a change in one or more alarms of category AP and severity Critical in Virtual Domain ROOT-DOMAIN.
The new severity of the following items is Clear
1. Message: AP 'Name' associated with Controller 'x.x.x.x' on Port number '13'.
E-mail will be suppressed up to 30 minutes for these changes.

Please suggest any solution on this.

Thanks

Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi,This message only

Hi,

This message only indicates that the AP is associated to the controller.

To know why the AP is getting disassociated from the WLC get following outputs from the CLI of the WLC:

debug mac add <mac address of AP>

debug capwap events enable

debug capwap errors enable

Thanks,

Ishant

Hall of Fame Super Blue

What is the up time of the AP

What is the up time of the AP?  

What does the logs in the switch show?

Community Member

Hi Leo, Uptime i can see its

Hi Leo,

Uptime i can see its 3 days and controller associated time was like 30mins, prior to manual AP reboot . then tried to give it a reboot but it keeps on dissociating at regular intervals.

From Switch side , its actually nortel switch with 100FullDuplex on that port and AP can support upto 1000Full . Also there are no CRC's on port . But do you think this 100 or 1000 will make any problem in this?? 

Please let me know if this information can lead us to some possible solution if not then i will try to get more information once i am at client side.

Cheers

Hall of Fame Super Blue

But do you think this 100 or

But do you think this 100 or 1000 will make any problem in this??

No.  I just want to know if the AP disconnects from the WLC is it because it rebooted or not.  If it rebooted, then I'd consider checking layer 1 (cable) by running a TDR.  I am unable to determine if your switch can/will support TDR as I'm not familiar with Nortel switches.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content