Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AIR-CAP2602E TxPower

Hello!

Could you please help me.

I have a wireless lan controller 2504 (AIR-CT2500-K9-7-6-110-0.aes) an access point  AIR-CAP2602E-R-K9.

The problem is:
for 2.4GHz I have max Allowed Power Levels - 16 dBm
for 5Ghz I have max Allowed Power Levels - 18 dBm

Data sheet says - Available Transmit Power Settings:
2.4 GHz  -   22 dBm (160 mW)
5 GHz -  23 dBm (200 mW)

As I know in oure country (Russia) allowed 100mW of power.

Could you plese tell me how to increase the tx power? 

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES
Silver

Hello,You have posted in the

Hello,

You have posted in the Small Business Forums, but we do not handle the Aironets. 

Try moving your post to Wireless - Mobility and you will be much more likely to get a response.

Thank you for choosing Cisco,

Christopher Ebert - Advanced Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Bronze

To set the maximum power

To set the maximum power level, use the maximum syntax. The default local power level is maximum. Below are the details for command 'power local'.

power local

To configure the access point radio power level, use the power local command in interface configuration mode. To use the default value of maximum power, use the no form of this command.

2.4-GHz Access Point Radio (802.11b/g)

power local {cck | ofdm} {milliwatt | maximum}

no power local

5-GHz Access Point Radio (802.11a)

power local {milliwatt | maximum}

no power local

Syntax Description

cck

Sets Complimentary Code Keying (CCK) power levels.

ofdm

Sets Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM) power levels.

milliwatt

Power level in milliwatts (mW). For the 802.11b/g radio, value can be 7, 10, 13, 15, 17, or 20. For the 802.11a radio, value can be 4, 7, 10, 13, or 16.

maximum

Specifies the maximum power level.

Command Default

The default local power level is maximum.

You have to add the gain of

You have to add the gain of the external antenna to the transmit power to get the EIRP. Lets say you add a dual-band antenna which has a 4.0dBi gain, that will give you a EIRP of 22dBm which equals to 160mW. That is to high and you have to lower the transmit power to stay legal.

Don't forget that your clients needs to be able to talk back to the access-point, so (much) more power on the access-point side is useless if you don't change something on the client side as well.

ollow these steps to change

ollow these steps to change theAIR-LAP1121G-x-K9 (where x is the regulatory domain) access point's output power to meet local regulations using a controller:

Step 1 Open your Internet browser. You must use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0.2800 or a later release.

Step 2 Enter https://IP address (where IP address is the controller's IP address) in the browser address line and press Enter. A user login screen appears.

Step 3 Enter the username and password and press Enter. The controller's summary page appears.

Note The username and password are case-sensitive.

Step 4 Click Wireless > 802.11b/g Radio and a list of associated access points appears.

Step 5 Choose the desired access point from the displayed list and click Configure. The radio settings page appears.

Step 6 Scroll down to the Tx Power Level Assignment field, and click Custom. Custom indicates that the radio output power is manually controlled by the Tx Power Configuration setting field.

Step 7 In the Tx Power Level field, select the appropriate power level setting (1 to 8).

Views
Helpful
Replies