Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

air-cap2702i-a-k9 blinking blue and red any suggestions?

any suggestions on the following issue

got a air-cap2702i-a-k9 blinking blue and red

when I access via console cable

got the ap: 

prompt

thank you in advance for any

tips/suggestions

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hi, This prompt means that

Hi,

This prompt means that the AP is in Rommon mode and it needs to boot up with the IOS to function properly. In rommon mode you can check the boot variables at the next reload and try to reload the AP .For example set command will tell you the next boot image , so you need to make sure that this points to the 2700 AP IOS.

ap: set

BOOT=flash:/c1140-k9w7-tar.124-21a.JY

You can manually set all the boot variables like the above IOS ,ip address , gateway and you can also push new IOS image after downloading from CCO if it doesnt have any valid image. See below link for more help:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/56156/access-point-rommon-recovery-ap-prompt-recovery-example

Regards

Dhiresh

**Please rate helpful posts**

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi, This prompt means that

Hi,

This prompt means that the AP is in Rommon mode and it needs to boot up with the IOS to function properly. In rommon mode you can check the boot variables at the next reload and try to reload the AP .For example set command will tell you the next boot image , so you need to make sure that this points to the 2700 AP IOS.

ap: set

BOOT=flash:/c1140-k9w7-tar.124-21a.JY

You can manually set all the boot variables like the above IOS ,ip address , gateway and you can also push new IOS image after downloading from CCO if it doesnt have any valid image. See below link for more help:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/56156/access-point-rommon-recovery-ap-prompt-recovery-example

Regards

Dhiresh

**Please rate helpful posts**

I truly appreciate … your

I truly appreciate … your help in resolving the problem........√

Hello,

Hello,

I am having this same exact problem with the same exact hardware. I have followed the link that you provided with the instructions set that is in the link. I am getting something completely different right out of the gate though.

When I connect to the console port and access the AP. I still see the ap: command

When I power cycle the unit. I don't get an image to where is looks like it is loading. I have added what I am seeing on my end.

IOS Bootloader - Starting system.
flash is writable
Antigua Board
40MB format
Tide XL MB - 40MB of flash
Xmodem file system is available.
flashfs[0]: sector 224, block 155 checksum (0xde05 != 0xe2f0)
flashfs[0]: writing to flash handle 0xa7b1320, device 0, offset 0x1360000, length 0x208: Illegal Operation -- setting bit(s) with write operation
flashfs[0]: sector ptr: {0x9b, 0xe0}

The system was interrupted or it encountered an error
during initializion of the flash file system.  The following
commands will initialize the flash file system and finish
loading the operating system software:

flash_init
    ether_init
    tftp_init
    boot

ap:

Then if I try and run "set" I go back to the ap:

Thank you for all your help.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Flash is dead.  Contact Cisco

Flash is dead.  Contact Cisco TAC and get the AP RMA-ed.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content