Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CB20A card can't be associated with 1200AP

richard268
Level 1
Level 1

Gentlemen:

I am working on a Cisco wireless project. The 1200AP got its IP from a DHCP server. But when I displayed the network interface, I found it has one 100M ethernet card and 11M AP radio interface. I thought that 1200 AP has a built-in 802.11a antenna, and I didn't have the 802.11b antenna connected although I may need the 1200AP work in both channels.

Also, my Air-cb20A 54M 802.11a card can't be associated with 1200AP, (ACU displays this message "your Air-CB20A is not associated"), I tried to set the SSID, but it didn't help.

Could somebody tell me what my problem is?

Also, other questions:

1)How do you set up the IP address from console port for the first time if you got a menu-driven AP software? Can you show me the link or the commands?

2)Does 1200Ap work for both 802.11a and 802.11b client at the same time? How do you set the frequency channel in the menu?

It is kind of urgent so I would appreciate it very much if somebody can help me out.

Thanks a lot!

Richard

3 Replies 3

richard268
Level 1
Level 1

I searched through the Cisco Tech document and it looks like that I need to upgrade the 802.11a module in 1200 AP so that 54M 802.11a client can be associated. But my other questions remain if anybody can help me out.

Thanks

Richard

searched through the Cisco Tech document and it looks like that I need to upgrade the 802.11a module in 1200 AP so that 54M 802.11a client can be associated. But my other questions remain if anybody can help me out.

Thanks

Richard

bcho
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Given that you have established console connection :

1. Enter 'S' for setup.

2. Enter 'Ex' for express setup.

3. Enter 'ip' for ip address.

4. Enter the address and hit return.

5. Enter 'OK'.

AP1200 works for both 802.11a and 802.11b simultaneously given that you have both radio h/w. This you can verify on the home menu page of AP. If you see both 11Mb/s and 54Mb/s, then you're good to go.

Given that you have GUI web menu up after setting IP address as above, then goto the respective radio h/w page under Setup menu. There you can change the frequency to your likings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: