Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-LAP1041N-E-K9 speed and WLC 2504

Hi All,

I have

1-around 30 AP1041N connected to the WLC 2504

2- i have PCs with WMP600N Wireless adaptor

problem is that all clients connected to the access points with 144 Mbps not 300 Mbps

why the clients didn't connect to the AP with 300 Mbps ?? am i missing some config. here??  ,the access points with IEEE802.11N support this speed 300 Mbps

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are a few prerequisites. You need to make sure your Aps are bonding 40 MHz channels. You need to use wpa2/aes. Not wpa or tkip.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are a few prerequisites. You need to make sure your Aps are bonding 40 MHz channels. You need to use wpa2/aes. Not wpa or tkip.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you drop into the cli and post your WLAN config ?

Hi George ,

Thanks for your help n support

kindly find attached the configuration for WLC

That is not the full output.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

That still isn't the whole configuration. Post the show WLAN

-Scott

Hi Scott,

sry for late reply , kindly find correct show run

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to add... it seems like 802.11n is configure properly, but you will only see 300mbps if the device is connected to the 5ghz with 40mhz channel width like George has mentioned. On the 2.4ghz, you will only see up to 144mbps.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

As per your query i can suggest  you the following link of 2504 datasheet as reference -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps6302/ps8322/ps11630/data_sheet_c78-645111.pdf

Hope this will help you.

Hi George ,

Thanks 4 ur help n support

i have another question all the access points are AIR-LAP1041N-E-K9 can i make this access point work in 802.11N 5 GHz mode ,how can i make all access point work in this mode ? what are the required steps?

i also have another access points from same model that work in autonomous mode but when i enable 802.11N 5 Ghz and press apply nothing happened , is this coz the AP is -E-K9 regulatory domain

???

802.11n standard requires open authentication or WPA2/AES. WEP and WPA/TKIP isn't supported. So if you are following the standard and you have clients that are 802.11n, you should see speeds greater than 54mbps.

-Scott

Hi Scott,

thanks alot for ur fast and prompt response

u mean greater than 300 Mbps ??

but what about that i can't enable 5GHZ on the access points ( AIR-LAP1041N-E-K9) in autonomous mode to let it work up to 300 mbps not to 144mbps or this is not applicable due to reguatory domain??

kindly find attached configuration for one of them

and another concern here how can i make access points in controlled mode work in 5GHZ how can i enable this from controller, sry for this  many      questions.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card