cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Air-P121AG-A-K9 WPA/TKIP

rchapman
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed the above adapter into a desktop unit, I am wanting to use windows instead of the ADU option. but for some reason I do not have the option to use WPA with TKIP for our network, setting it up in the preferred networks list. The antenna sees the AP but will not connect to it either. we have tkip keys that we use and have installed on the PC in the trusted root dir. but winXP will not recognize the WPA protocol.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

XP Service Pack 2 and some patches from Microsoft.com should take care of it.

Try a search on microsoft.com using keywords like "WPA" and / or wireless

Good Luck

Scott

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

XP Service Pack 2 and some patches from Microsoft.com should take care of it.

Try a search on microsoft.com using keywords like "WPA" and / or wireless

Good Luck

Scott

Thanks for the help, I did have all updates for WinXP sp2 but I did try the kb917021 on one test box, it made no difference.... But I did notice that the driver package that came with the pci wireless unit was using ver 2.1 I had downloaded ver 3.0 a couple days earlier for a laptop issue and found that the cisco for the laptop and the pci were the same driver, so I put in the newer driver and it worked first time out. As a Tech I should have known better than to use the factory install disk....;) All is good.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card