Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AIR-WLC2106-K9 & AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9

Hi

I've just bought an AIR-WLC2106-K9 and 3 x AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9 and I'm having a problem getting the AP's configured. 

Firstly, the controller did not discover the device when it was on the same subnet, I had to plug it straight in which is no good for wireless-n due to the 100Mbps port speed on the controller.  Secondly, when I am editing the AP through the controller webpage, none of the details are saved after applying changes (static IP etc).

I followed the cisco quick start guide for the controller to get the basic config, radius server details etc in.  It is running software version: 4.2.61.0

Any comments welcome

Cammy

• Getting Started with Wireless
Everyone's tags (2)
17 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: AIR-WLC2106-K9 & AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9

On the 2106, you need to make sure that the management and ap manager is on the same subnet. If you specify 0 for the vlan tag on the two interfaces, then make sure the trunk port has a native vlan, which specifies the native vlan which the management and ap managers are on. If you specify a vlan tag on the wlc interface, then you don't need the native vlan command on the trunk port. If the APs are on the same subnet as the wlc management and ap manager, then once the ap gets a dhcp address it should find the wlc an join. You need to make sure the ap is in the run state before you change any of the ap configurations.

If you still have issues, console into the ap and boot up the ap and post the output.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

AIR-WLC2106-K9 & AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9

Thanks for the reply Scott

I'm making slow progress.  I didn't have the ip helper-address ip-address listed under the vlan interface on the layer 3 switch it was initially connected to, which helps...

It has now got an ip when connected the a switchport on the layer3 switch, but seems to be in some kind of reloading loop which is quite annoying if you are trying to configure it.  Is this by design?  Console output below:

Writing out the event log to nvram...

*Mar  1 00:01:46.275: %LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG: Join Timer: did not recieve join

response (controller - wlan-ctrl)

*Mar  1 00:01:46.275: %LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG: Set Transport Address: no more AP

manager IP addresses remain

*Mar  1 00:01:46.284: %SYS-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by LWAPP CLIENT. Reload Re

ason: DID NOT GET JOIN RESPONSE.

*Mar  1 00:01:46.284: %LWAPP-5-CHANGED: CAPWAP changed state to DOWN.

using  eeprom values

Writing out the event log to nvram...

*Mar  1 00:01:46.275: %LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG: Join Timer: did not recieve join

response (controller - wlan-ctrl)

*Mar  1 00:01:46.275: %LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG: Set Transport Address: no more AP

manager IP addresses remain

*Mar  1 00:01:46.284: %SYS-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by LWAPP CLIENT. Reload Re

ason: DID NOT GET JOIN RESPONSE.

*Mar  1 00:01:46.284: %LWAPP-5-CHANGED: CAPWAP changed state to DOWN.

using  eeprom values

Make sure the time is set properly and the country code is set on the wlc for the model of ap you have.

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

Here is a good startup guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/2100/quick/guide/ctrl206q.html

I can't seem to get the AP to stop rebooting.  I've added CISCO-LWAPP-CONTROLLER to dns to keep it happy.

The country code has always been set to GB for the controller.

It also seems that the PoE+ injector that the AP is using is not giving it enough juice, unless it is possible to tell the AP not to query the switch that it is plugged into:

%CDP_PD-2-POWER_LOW:

Put the management and ap manager in the same subnet and also the access points for now. Make sure dhcp is not handing out address that are being used for the management or ap manager. From the ap console, make sure you can ping the management interface. Seems like you might have a duplicate address.

Once the APs successfully join, then you can put them in a different vlan if you wish.

Well that might be an issue. Do you have another PoE switch or can you remove some of the other PoE devices that may be on the switch. The discovery process the ap uses will reboot the ap to try the join process again. You have a power injector or is it a PoE switch? If its a power injector, it may be bad also.

It's a PoE plus injector (midspan) injector, so should have plenty of power.

I'll try connecting it back into the PoE ports on the controller to see what it does.

same power error plugged into the PoE port on the controller:

1 00:00:28.428: %CDP_PD-2-POWER_LOW: All radios disabled - HIGH_POWER_CLAS

SIC AIR-WLC2106-K9

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.