Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Aironet 1100 Antenna(s) Recs

I work for a law firm that wants to add wireless to our conference room, but does not want the whole building to have it, and more importantly, anyone outside of the building to have it. Our conference room is in the middle of a rectangular building,. The measurements of the room are 25 by 18 (feet) with about 30 feet on either side for the signal to dissipate (office area). The framing is non load bearing al framing with just sheetrock, so the signal will probably go right through them. The outside of the building is cinderblock, or in the cases where there is glass, it is uv rated.

My plan to make access outside of the building not even possible is to make sure the signal barley gets outside of the conference room, and if it does, that it doesn't get outside of the building. Even with the encryption and such, I would like to add this extra layer of security if possible. It isn't clear to me if the 1100 requires an antenna out of the box, or if it comes with a limited one built in. We will be having many clients coming in and wanted to get onto the internet to vpn into their offices.

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

Cisco Employee

Re: Aironet 1100 Antenna(s) Recs

The 1100 has fixed dual omni directional antenna with 2.2dbi gain

You can see the full specs here in the data sheet

To adjust the coverage area do a site survey and simply reduce the transmit power to a level that gives the coverage you need

CreatePlease to create content