Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Aironet 1130AG

Hello.

I inherited an Aironet 1130 AG Access Point and have no prior experience with any cisco product.

I needed to change to the password (wpa key) that clients use to connect to it, and got some very good and timely help from this forum:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3195595#3195595

However, as per my last post in the above discussion, I can't seem to "write" the config file as the "wr" command gives me an error.   Consequently, the configuration is changed and the new passcode works, until the system reboots, at which point it reverts to the old configuration.

Can anyone please help with this?

Thanks,

Rizwan

2 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Aironet 1130AG

I just read the threat; I think this is easy.

When you configure the ssid PSK into the SSID configuration; you write exit; this is fine, but you must write exit again to return to enable mode and then you can save your configuration with the "wr" command. It´s very important you to notice the prompt of your console:

Sequence:

Ap(config-ssid)#exit

Ap(config)#exit

Ap#wr

Write "exit" and press return until you see in your prompt only the name of your AP and the "#" symbol (you are in enable mode). In other modes you can not save your config and the command fails.

I hope you serve

Best Regards.

Cisco Employee

Re: Aironet 1130AG

Hi,

If you would like to save from other prompts without exiting  then  issue "do wr".

For ex:

AP(config-if)# do wr

otherwise, just issue exit as said above and give wr

AP#wr

Regards,

Madhuri

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content