cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1131AG and Mac Authentication

tpelley
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure 2 new 1131AG's in the same manner as I have a bunch of 1200's configured for WPA-PSK, TKIP and open authentication using a local mac address list.

The AP's are configured with a default native VLAN 1 for management and a VLAN 33 that had the SSID assigned to it on the 802.11g radio. the 802.11a radio is in shutdown mode. My problem is this:

In the SSID manager I have assigned my only ssid to radio0 the 802.11g radio and VLAN33. Under Client Authentication I have selected Open with MAC Authentication. with the Key management set to Maddatory WPA, the AP will not keep the pre-shared key I enter. If I set the client authentication simply to open the key stays in place just fine.

This set up worked great on all of the 1200 seriers AP's I have deployed, why the difficulty with the 1131AG's ?

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Are you using external radius server?

TinaLutterbach
Level 1
Level 1

I have exactly the same problem with an AP1231G! I don't know how to solve it! Please help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: