Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aironet 1200 and MAC Authentication

Hi All,

I have got Aironet 1210 and want to implement MAC Authentication without ACS.

Now, I know that any Aironet AP can allow MAC-Authentication by itself storing all the MAC Address List.

Hence after the command:

TestAP(config-if-ssid)#authentication open mac

TestAP(config-if-ssid)#authentication open mac-address ?

WORD mac address list-name (1 -- 31 characters)

There is no way where I can list all the MAC-Addresses in the list. I'm using IOS Version 12.2(13)JA3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Wilson Samuel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Aironet 1200 and MAC Authentication

If you don't have a RADIUS server on your network, you can create a list of allowed MAC addresses on the access point's Advanced Security: MAC Address Authentication page. Devices with MAC addresses not on the list are not allowed to authenticate.

I use the GUI interface to make a list:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_example09186a00801c0912.shtml

The link above is to use the local TACACS ability of the AP, but if you select "Advance Security" option on the right side of the web interface, it will take you to the page where you can create your mac address list.

Please rate helpful posts.

1 REPLY

Re: Aironet 1200 and MAC Authentication

If you don't have a RADIUS server on your network, you can create a list of allowed MAC addresses on the access point's Advanced Security: MAC Address Authentication page. Devices with MAC addresses not on the list are not allowed to authenticate.

I use the GUI interface to make a list:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_example09186a00801c0912.shtml

The link above is to use the local TACACS ability of the AP, but if you select "Advance Security" option on the right side of the web interface, it will take you to the page where you can create your mac address list.

Please rate helpful posts.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content