Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Aironet 1200 doesn´t delivery IP

Hi people,

I configured an aironet 1200 but when I tried connected with it the AP doesn´t assing IP to my PC?

Any idea?

Thanks a lot

9 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Aironet 1200 doesn´t delivery IP

Is the AP configured to hand out DHCP address or are you suppose to get and IP from a local DHCP server.  Post your configuration so we can take a look.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I configured it. When I discovery network in a notebook appears but the AP doent assign any IP

Post your show run.  Doesn't look like itsit's configured right.

-Scott

I attach it

Do you have a dhcp server on the network?  I see your interface isn't setup with a static ip address or did you remove it from the configuration you posted:

interface BVI1
ip address static ip 255.255.255.248
no ip route-cache

If you do have a dhcp server on the network, then you could setup the BVI1 interface to obttain a dhcp address.  If you don't have a dhcp server, then you will need a static ip on the BVI interface and you will have to create a dhcp pool on the AP.

-Scott

I have a static IP, them you said that if I configure a dhcp pool, notebooks hat join this AP would obtain IP address?

I didn't see an ip address in the configuration you posted.  Do you have a dhcp server on your network?  How are the wireless clients suppose to get an ip address?

-Scott

My apologies if I have not been clear so far. My ISP gave me a useful range of IP with which I connect to the Internet (for example if I connect a notebook to RJ45 with ip, gateway etc and I can browse)
I am attaching two files, one and a photo of my screen l notebbok responds when I connect to the WIFI network and the other is the show

You can see in the jpg that does not assign an IP

Why not get a a router to do nat and have that router issue dhcp address.... then you can connect that ap to the router.  what range did your isp give you?

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content