Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Aironet 1252ag making popping sounds

I recently brought home an Aironet 1252ag from work because we upgraded our APs and it was about to be thrown away. I ordered a power injector for it and it's been working fine for a week with one exception - it's making popping/clicking noises, similar to what a hard drive sounds like when it's thrashing. Throughput, range, and everything else is fine. It isn't dropping clients or anything, it's just making some really odd noises.  Should I just let it run and see what happens or take it down?

Also, it's running the latest software, it's powered by an authentic Cisco power injector, and it's connected by high quality copper Cat5e.

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

RMA the AP.  I don't like the

RMA the AP.  I don't like the sounds of it.  laugh

I would, but the warranty isn

I would, but the warranty isn't transferable - my company was the entity that originally bought the AP.  Plus it's about six years old, so I'm guessing it's about past the hardware support date anyway.

I'll probably just let it run. I've had many devices that have made funny noises and most of them live long, happy lives. I just wanted to get a second opinion.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content