Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aironet 1262N - Access Point behind Non-Root Bridge possible?

Hi,

I want to connect two buildings. Let's call them Building A (main) and Building B.

„A“ is the main building and provides a wired LAN to an AAA server (192.168.1.2) and the WAN gateway (192.168.1.1).

There I placed a 1262N with the IP 192.168.1.3 connected to the wired LAN and configured it as Root-Bridge. Let's call it AP01.

„B“ is a pretty large building and has a wired LAN from one end to the other end.

So I placed two 1262N there, each at one end.

The first 1262N is configured as non-root Bridge (AP02) and connects to the Root Bridge (AP01).

The IP address of AP02 is 192.168.1.4.

The second 1262N is configured as Access Point (AP03) and connects to the non-root Bridge (AP02) via the wired LAN.

The IP adress of AP03 is 192.168.1.5

My Questions:

1. Do I need tell AP02 about the AAA Server in Building A or acts AP01 like a AAA Proxy for AP02 because of it Root Bridge functionality?

2. How Do I tell AP03 that it should use AP02 as a gateway to building A?

I attached a diagram.

2 REPLIES

Hello  Mr. Vogl,

Thank you for your question.

However, the Small Business Support Community is limited to Cisco Small Business Products, and the Aironet products are considered as a Enterprise level devices.

I recommend you to post this question on the on the correct forum, in order to get a better response.

You can move your post using the Actions panel on the right.

Best regards,

Diego Rodriguez

Cisco Small Business Community Engineer

Silver

Hi Yves,

I have moved your question into the appropriate forum.

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content