Replies

Aironet 1300 Series

dkrause27
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have 3 of these devices...

one is configured as the root...

the other two are non-root....

All PC's on the non-root devices can communicate with the root device and other PC's connected via the LAN of the root device....but the non-roots cannot communicate with each other…

Example

Building one is the root

Building two is non-root

Building three is non-root

Building two and three can communicate to building one, but building two and three cannot communicate to each other, I need the PC’s in building two to be able to communicate to the PC’s in building three, that traffic seems to be blocked…..how can I configure these device to let the traffic pass……

Thanks

6 Replies 6

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

Assuming that both of your remote bridges are set to the same vlan, you should be able to talk between them thru the root with no problem. I am doing this in several locations. If you are using seperate vlans, you will need to have a router in place at the root location.

Can you provide more information about your configs?

Seth

I do NOT have the vlan option configured, i read an article on it but was not sure if that will give me what i desire...

Assuming I need to setup a vlan....any information on that would be great

Thanks

You do not need vlans to do what you want. I was just making sure that you did not have seperate vlans.

Can you ping building 3's bridge from building 2's bridge?

Can you post the configs?

Cannot ping from building 3 to builing 2...

I am attaching on of the config files....if this is not the config you need let me know....

thanks

Hi

Can you post the config of the root access point or check to see if you have public secure packet forwarding enabled on it. If so disable it. What I think is happening is that you have this option active on the root access point. You´ll find it on the radio configuration page. What the option does is "Public Secure Packet Forwarding (PSPF) prevents client devices associated to an access point from

inadvertently sharing files or communicating with other client devices associated to the access point. It

provides Internet access to client devices without providing other capabilities of a LAN. This feature is

useful for public wireless networks like those installed in airports or on college campuses."

The cli command int the dot 0 interface configuration is "bridge-group group port-protected"

Hope this helps other wise post the config of the root access point to take a look at it

That was it......i disabled PSPF and it now works the way I need......

thanks very much for the help...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card