cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1600 AP Isolation

martone.mike
Level 1
Level 1

We are having trouble with a video streaming application (Chromecast) that the manufacturer says the problem is likely AP/Client Isolation needs to be disabled.  I cannot find this in the configuration menus.

Anyone know where/how to turn this off?

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

on teh WLC, this would be called Peer-to-Peer Blocking.

But from my understanding you'll also want to make sure that multicast works.  Chromecast is supposed to use

http://www.dial-multiscreen.org/

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

rayperkins
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem with a 1230 AP, I upgraded to the latest code and it worked.  Before the upgrade I added the command "no dot11 igmp snooping-helper", not sure that is needed or not.

I went from version "c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.JEB1.tar" to version "c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.JEE.tar".

After using it for 30 seconds, it looks awesome, hopefully it will be great.

Good luck!

Ray

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please try updating the code and change to the latest version. Hope it might work.

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

This feature is called peer to peer blocking , which means one client will not be able to communicate with another client.  IOS command to enable this is bridge-group bridge-group port-protected. Use 'no ' to disable it

Thanks!  I am sure that was the problem.  I upgraded to the newest code shortly after my original post and the problem whent away.  I would say now that the command you mentioned now defaults to disabled and it was defaulted to enabled on the previous version.

Thanks!

Ray

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card