Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Aironet 1600 Server Manager Unresponsive

I cannot seem to make any changes to the Server Manager page on my Aironet 1600 devices. Whenever I try to update any information, the page gives the "Warning, the settings shown will be updated" message like all other pages, but after that the page goes white and hangs there. When I go back to the Server Manager page, nothing gets updated. I can't change IP addresses, ports, shared secrets, or even delete any listings.

This is quite annoying, as the shared secret of the RADIUS server got changed and now none of my AP's can access it. I've looked through their quick documentation, and I don't even see the right way to structure adding a shared secret to a RADIUS server when configuring through the comand line interface.

I've tried doing it in Chrome, Firefox, and IE. All of them do the exact same thing. I'm running the latest version of the lightweight firmware available on their website.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Aironet 1600 Server Manager Unresponsive

Have you tried using the CLI? Others have complained about the GUI on the 1600's, so I'm not surprised. The CLI is really the best way to configure the AP.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
3 REPLIES

Re: Aironet 1600 Server Manager Unresponsive

Have you tried using the CLI? Others have complained about the GUI on the 1600's, so I'm not surprised. The CLI is really the best way to configure the AP.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

I tried removing the radius server with the "no radius-server " command, but it wouldn't remove it. The command looked like it executed properly, as it didn't give any error messages. I could remove other RADIUS servers that I would add after, but that one was just permanently broken. I couldn't modify it at all.

In the end I just did a factory restore of all AP's and reconfigured all of them. Seem to be working fine now.

Well glad you got it working.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies