Replies

Aironet 1600 Transmitter power: error

keerkoss
Level 1
Level 1

Under the 2.4ghz status I see:

Transmitter Power

error

Which i believe is the culprit for weak wireless and also choppy connection to AP.

attached is config

Also I'm using cisco power injector which says its non-cisco which it is!!

Help guys no one in cisco has answer they just send me to different people and now I'm HERE!!

John!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For the command, yes you need the MAC address. Enable CDP and issue a show CDP neighbor and see if the MAC address shows. If the AP is working fine, I personally would leave it alone. I'm not 100% sure if this will eliminate your issue. It's just an old school way of doing things that worked in the past.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Under each radio, you can set the power level. Try setting that first and see. Also what you can try for the power is to disable CDP on the ap. This should fix that issue. See the link below

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1130/installation/guide/113h_c3.html#wp1057645

-Scott

I did everything upgraded firmware etc..

The issue is it is working fine but the Error message is because it cant see the Injector and says its a NON-CISCO which of course it is and labeled on the injector it is a cisco

but everything is working

i guess we can close this due to a minor glitch cisco end

Did you disable cdp on the access point?

-Scott

There are instructions on what to do. This is known and the fix is in the link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1130/installation/guide/113h_c3.html#wp1059924

-Scott

yes CDP disabled and enabled still no go and i powered off injector still same issue.

What is the fix? I cant see it in the link you provided.

Along with CDP you should also set the power inline. Is the power injector the one listed here?

Powering Options
? 802.3af Ethernet Switch
? Cisco AP1600 Power Injectors (AIR-PWRINJ4=, AIR-PWRINJ5=)
? Cisco AP1600 Local Power Supply (AIR-PWR-B=)

Caution When using the power inline negotiation injector override command, a power injector must always be installed to prevent a possible overload condition with an underpowered power source.

-Scott

It is:

AIR-PWRINJ5=

Currently have CDP disabled, and what is the command for setting the power inline?

power inline negotiation {prestandard source |injector {installed | override | H.H.H}}

-Scott

So i ran command:

ap(config)#power inline negotiation injector installed

Error: Command failed. No MAC address detected. Is CDP enabled?

I don't know the MAC of the injector as i'm not physically There, do I have to have the MAC address of the injector?

For the command, yes you need the MAC address. Enable CDP and issue a show CDP neighbor and see if the MAC address shows. If the AP is working fine, I personally would leave it alone. I'm not 100% sure if this will eliminate your issue. It's just an old school way of doing things that worked in the past.

-Scott

the AP is working just fine, and the show cdp neighbors shows zero device ID.

it is fine, everything is working just fine, radios are up! just that error

Thanks for info!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card