Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 2600 Series AP (AIR-CAP2602E) to Autonomous

loolianwee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I purchased the AP wrongly, instead of getting the "Standalone/Autonomous" (AIR-SAP2602E) version but I purchased the controller-based version

(AIR-CAP2602E); my question is can I use "ap3g2-k9w7-tar.152-2.JB.tar" too flash it to a "Standalone/Autonomous" version?

If yes, can anyone help to point me to the right "Flashing method" and things required like console cable or just "ethernet cable" will do? Appreciate it!

24 Replies 24

Yes, all off.

Found the issue! Just rename the file extension and not the file name, the AP keep looking for ap3g2-k9w7-tar.default instead of c2600-k9w7-tar.default.... It is transfering the file now, i will update the status when completed. Finger crossed.....

That will do it... you can see the filename its looking for on the console when you relase the mode button.  

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

It does not go through, it gets timeout half way during trasnfer....

Verify the MD5 and make sure it matches.  Might have a corupt download image file.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

There isnt a md5 for me to verify, i do not know the original md5.

When you download the image, if you hover your mouse over the filename, a pop up will appear with the MD5.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Yes, MD5 is correct..... when trafering the transfer rate keep going down....

Can you attaqch the output from the console so we can see what is going on.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Here is another way of doing it

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-18268

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Hi Scott,

I have the following with me.

1. AIR-MSE-3355-K9 - 1 Nos

2. AIR-CT5760-50-K9 1 Nos

3. AIR-CAP2602E-N-K9 - 5 Nos

I want to

1. Use one of the 5 AIR-CAP2602E-N-K9 as an IPS

Is this possible, I want to know how. Can someone please guide me to the right documentation for it?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card