cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 340 vs Aironet 350

j.swart
Level 1
Level 1

I have 1 Root Bridge 350 connecting to 3 non-root bridge 350s - all within 500 feet. Connections hang and I can wake up sometimes by tracert. All units have the same problem. They have all been configured with quick setup. Take 340s - also configured with quick setup - and replace unit for unit - stays up forever. What is the difference between the 340 and 350 that would cause that - speed?

4 Replies 4

amitubale
Level 1
Level 1

Ap340's have a 30mW radio and Ap350s have a 100mw radio. From the discription above, I thing the radio channels are overlapping.

If you replace the Ap-340 with the Ap-350s, again, and drop the radio power to 30 mw, it might function properly.

Have you configured the Ap on diffrent channels(1,6,11) ?

Dont just drop the power of all the AP with out a proper Site-survey. Use the Radio Diagnosis application in the AP config web page.

The 340's are all set at 100mw also. Have not tried different channels. Do have omnidirectional antennas on all units - but that does not change from the 350s to the 340s.

The BR340's have 100mW radio the AP340's have the 30 Mw radio

What firmware are you running on the BR350's ? there is a number of software issues on the BR350's that will cause the problems you have described.

I recommend that you run 12.03T and look at moving to 12.04T when it comes out in a few weeks.

There is several major difference when you compare a BR350 and BR340

1. The OS BR340 has SOS which is a operating system developed by one of the engineers who designed the BR340 and the 350 runs VxWorks

2. They have different radio hardware with the BR 350 having a much better receiver sensitivity, meaning it will typically perform better on longer distnace links than a 340

kahl_z
Level 1
Level 1

I to experienced the same problems that you are seeing. The fix I found was configuring the non-roots to be "non-root with clients" and this seems to fix that problem. This issue was resolved in 12.03T.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card