Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Aironet 350 DNS error

My laptop runs winME. I have two pc cards installed. One eithernet wired adaptor and one PCM-352. I purchased the wireless card for remote internet access through T-mobile Hotspot at Starbucks and airports. When I have both cards installed, the hardwire disconnected, and try to connect ie reports a dns error. If I disable or remove the wired card this dns error does not occur. The wired card works fine with both cards enabled. Is there another solution that does not require disabling or removing one of the cards?

Thanks,

Paul

• Getting Started with Wireless
1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Aironet 350 DNS error

I guess there is some issue with your DNS server location. Assuming that your DNS is located in the same segment as that of the wired lan, this problem might occur as the pc might try to put the packets on the wired network (Where the cable is removed) as it is in the same network. Maybe the problem disappears because of this when you remove the wired card completely.

Just guessing. It is very difficult to answer your question without having the complete picture of the topology.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.