Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AIRONET 350 - Duplicating configuration to a replacement

I have a problem with one of our AP it's a aironet 350, what is the easiest way to copy it's configuration to a replacement device of the same type.

I have just took over from out wireless guy who is off long term sick and I'm in at the deepend.

Regards

Mike

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: AIRONET 350 - Duplicating configuration to a replacement

Hi Mike,

I have actually never tried this myself, but here is a good doc that discusses this process. Maybe somebody else will weigh in as well :)

Working with Configuration Files

This section describes how to create, load, and maintain configuration files. Configuration files contain commands entered to customize the function of the Cisco IOS software. To better benefit from these instructions, your access point contains a minimal default running configuration for interacting with the system software.

You can copy (download) configuration files from a TFTP, FTP, or RCP server to the running configuration of the access point for various reasons:

To restore a backed-up configuration file.

To use the configuration file for another access point. For example, you might add another access point to your network and want it to have a configuration similar to the original access point. By copying the file to the new access point, you can change the relevant parts rather than recreating the whole file.

To load the same configuration commands on all the access points in your network so that all the access points have similar configurations.

You can copy (upload) configuration files from the access point to a file server by using TFTP, FTP, or RCP. You might perform this task to back up a current configuration file to a server before changing its contents so that you can later restore the original configuration file from the server.

From this AP350 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps458/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801d016d.html#51335

Hope this helps!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content