Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Aironet 350 for small office?

I have worked with home wlan devices (dhcp/router/switch ie. SMC/Netgear/Linksys,etc.)), but am now venturing out to small businesses.

I have a small rural medical clinic that is pursuing an online med package and needs wireless access to their existing lan for mobile laptops for Dr's and Nurses (5-7 users currently, increasing to 15 users).

Building is approx 75 x 75, with offices around 3 walls (sheetrock, no block, drop ceiling).

The med software company (not local), suggests an Aironet 350AP setup.

The clinic would like me to handle their networking (I have been for the past 3 years and am local and conveniently available within 5 miniutes).

The 350 specs mention antennas separate for the rugged and built-in for the standard?

Also it notes inline ethernet power.

I am not familiar with this method of powering the units.

What do I need to accomplish this?

Will 1 unit coverage be sufficient?

I am also in the process of upgrading their SMC Barricade 8-port router(shared cable internet currently).

I am suggesting the Cisco SOHO 91 Router along with a 24 port switch (preferrably a Cisco switch - any suggestions?).

Does any of this seem reasonable, or am I out in Left Field.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Gordon Jacques wpcc@tds.net

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Aironet 350 for small office?

With that small amount of users and the small space, one 350 AP should be sufficient. The rugged AP will be better since you can order different antennas for it depending on the need. The AP will use either inline power via a switch that supplies inline power or it can be plugged into a regular receptacle using the power injector. Here is a URL that has some more detail and one that has all the information about the 350 series. http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/witc/ao350ap/prodlit/carto_in.htm

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/witc/ao350ap/

Views
Helpful
Replies