Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Aironet 350 Wireless LAN Card - Problem Connecting, Fixed Channel???

Hi everybody,

I've got a small problem with an Aironet 350 series Wireless card. It is originally from Singapore, but I think this should not really matter. We have a wireless LAN infrastructure here in the university and the responsible persons even provide these profile files for the ACU.

The card doesn't seem to pick up a signal though, although it is working properly otherwise. The settings can't be the issue, since they are provided in the PRO file, and the card was working in my university in Singapore.

The only thing that I discovered was that I can't choose a channel. It used to be fixed at 13, after a firmware flash it reads now 11. The drop down box in the ACU is greyed out though....

Does anybody have a clue ?

Thx & cu,

Thomas

3 REPLIES

Re: Aironet 350 Wireless LAN Card - Problem Connecting, Fixed Ch

Your client card might be set for adhoc mode. If so, select infrastructure mode.

Nope ... it wasn't, infrastructure all the time...

And the fact that the box is greyed out wouldn't fit in this scenario anyway, or would it? To set up a proper ad-hoc connection the two client cards must have the same channel, so that wouldn't really be possible ....

Hmm... Can it be that this channel is preset in some way... as in hardcoded ? That was the guess of the person responsible here in my school... though I couldn't believe that....

It sounds like the problem might be that your card is not operating in World mode.

Here is the information straight from the ACU Help file:

World Mode allows you to use your Wireless LAN Adapter in countries other than your own. It makes the Wireless LAN Adapter use passive scanning (listening only) until it hears an Access Point that also has World Mode enabled. It then knows what frequencies and transmit power to use. If the Access Point does not have World Mode enabled, YOU WILL NOT ASSOCIATE TO AN ACCESS POINT.

As you can see from this, the university would also need to configure their APs for World Mode.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content