cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 3502 only shows wireless N

Coolseahorse
Level 1
Level 1

I bought a used Aironet 3502 (air-cap3502i-a-k9) on craigslist last week and the seller said it was set up for autonomous mode. It has ap3g1-k9w7-tar.124-25d.JA, which does allow it to run without a controller. I know it's not the latest version, but without a service contract I'm unable to access the latest firmware. When I go into the web management console, it only shows wireless N, without letting me enable A/G. The product sheet shows it should do A/G/N - is this just a byproduct of putting the autonomous ios on a 3502, or am I missing a setting somewhere to enable it? I've attached a SS of the tap showing the interface incase it helps clarify my issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Clipboard01.jpg

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you see that it says "2.4 Ghz" and "5.0 Ghz"?  That's your A and B, respectively. 

Well then, egg on my face. Thanks for the quick response. I'll look through online documentation to try to get my devices connected - I assumed it wasn't transmitting on G since none of my devices can see it and I don't have any N capable receivers. The radios are enabled, but maybe I'm missing something else. Thanks again.

If you want to enable "N" then ...

1.  Use OPEN or no authentication; or

2.  Use WPA2/PSK; and

3.  Enable WMM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card