Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aironet AP 1310G Root and Non-Root Configuration

Hello.

I have a Problem with the Configuration between an Aironet 1310 Root and 1310 Non-Root wireless Bridge.

The SSID are the same on both Aironet Bridges (sankyo). I always configure Vlan for different SSID; on both side the same VLAN for the SSID Sankyo. The connection from a Notebook via Wireless LAN to the Root Bridge is OK, but the NON-Root Bridge will not connect to the Root-Bridge (no Response).

Is there any Configuration-Example for a Root bridge with NON-Root Bridge connecting on an SSID with configured VLAN? I have found many Example here by Cisco but no Example how to configure a Non-Root Bridge to connect to an Root Bridge.

The IOS is 12.3(4) on the Aironet Bridges

Regards

Hartmut

3 REPLIES

Re: Aironet AP 1310G Root and Non-Root Configuration

Hartmut,

I am also grappling with the same problem.

1310 Bridges, IOS 12.3(4)JA

The Root's Dot11 Interface stays up, but the Non-Root's Dot11 Interface changes state to either disabled or reset.

A check of the error messages:

%DOT11-4-CANT_ASSOC

I've checked the following:

SSID - both the same ssid. The only single ssid on BR's

BVI - same ip subnet

Root - has ssid set as infrastructure ssid, and Force checkbox is marked

Non-Root - has ssid set as infrastructure (I've tried the Force checkbox both checked and unchecked)

Dot11 Channel - forced from Least Freq to a specific channel (no change)

I'm doing most of this through the GUI interface, though I'm also consoled into both units.

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi,

i have solved my Problem.

The Aironet 1310 K9R Series must have connect an external Antenna when they in Configuration Root - nonRoot. There is no internal Antenna in the Aironet Brigde named 1310..K9R

Thanks,

Hartmut

Hartmut,

Thanks. I also found out about the external antenna requirement. I was simply doing a lab setup and would watch them associate and lose association. After some troubleshooting I was watching the non-root 'searching' the channels to try and associate. I had already 'locked' the Root onto a specific channel. After considering why the non-Root would pass by the selected channel I reasoned it had to be signal. So, hooked up antennas and solved the association problem.

Anyways, thanks. It just confirmed my suspicions.

Sincerely,

Daniel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content