Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Allow client to client traffic

Hi all,

I have two clients trying to connect to each other with no success.

I have a 5760 controller and a pretty plain wlan config...

The only way the managed to Ping one to another is by activating the command:

peer-blocking forward-upstream

But I think this throw the traffic to the uplink switch and lets it deal with it... but that will allow unicast traffic, but nothing else.

Any idea?

Naor.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

HI Naor,The peer-blocking

HI Naor,

The peer-blocking forward-upstream Causes the packets to be forwarded on the upstream VLAN. The device above the controller decides what action to take regarding the packets.

Peer-to-peer blocking is applied to individual WLANs, and each client inherits the peer-to-peer blocking
setting of the WLAN to which it is associated. Peer-to-Peer enables you to have more control over how traffic
is directed. For example, you can choose to have traffic bridged locally within the controller, dropped by the
controller, or forwarded to the upstream VLAN.

NOTE:

To enable peer-to-peer blocking on a WLAN configured for FlexConnect local switching, select Drop

From the P2P Blocking drop-down list and select the FlexConnect Local Switching check box.

Please do go through the link below to understand the Peer to Peer blocking behaviour.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-5/config_guide/b_cg75/b_cg75_chapter_01001011.pdf

Regards

Salma

Hi Salma, I didn't explained

Hi Salma,

I didn't explained myself correctly... I wish to bridge the clients locally.

There is no peer blocking configuration on the alan, but still the clients can't communicate directly...

How can disable the blocking so clients can communicate freely on the same wlan?

thanks,

Naor

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content