Views
Helpful
Replies

another webauth question

Anthony Poli
Level 5
Level 5

Looking for ideas on how to deal with the following issue:

We're utilizing webauth w/ passthrough for a guest SSID.  We have a cert (so no warning on client connect) and it works beautifully - unless a client is, for instance, signed into their google account which defaults to https.  In this scenario the client's browser never gets redirected to the webauth screen. 

Just wondering if anyone else has found a workaround for this.  Appreciate the feedback!

Anthony

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is not supported. If a clients homepage is a secure site, the WLC can't be able to redirect and this they user will never be presented with the splash page.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

HTTPS is not supported by WLC at the time of authentication. that is the limitation of WLC.And unfortunately till now i did not find any work around of this problem.

Anthony Poli
Level 5
Level 5

I understand that the redirect on the WLC will fail for https sessions.  I am wondering if there is another solution that can circumvent this issue.  For instance, if hosting the redirected splashpage off-box, could that possibly be a solution?

Thanks!

Anthony

Don't know that answer.... The Cisco stuff will not work.  You would have to research 3rd party wifi hotspot which might be a good choice for you.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the secure site is to be directed by the clients , it is not at all possible in the WLC. They do not support HTTTPS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card