Views
Helpful
Replies

Antenna and 1260AP Questions

Patrick McHenry
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Is the AIR-ANT5135SDW-R compatible with the 1260 APs? If so, I was planning on using 3, 2.4ghz antennas and 3, 5.8ghz antennas for each AP.

Also, can I order 1260s as standalone APs or do they only come as CAPWAPP?

Thanks, Pat.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As long as the connectors match and the frequency, you can use them.

System Requirements

This antenna is designed for indoor use with any 2.4-GHz Cisco Aironet radio device that uses a RP-TNC connector.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You would need 3: AIR-ANT2422SDW-R for the 2.4ghz and 3: AIR-ANT5135SDW-R for the 5ghz.  YOu can get the AP's in autonomous:

• AIR-AP1262N-x-K9 - Dual-band Standalone 802.11 a/g/n

-Scott

I saw some specs on the CDW website for the AIR-ANT2422SDW-R antennas and it said it was used for the following:

GHz Omnidirectional Antenna - Antenna - indoor - 2.5 dBi - omni-directional - for Aironet 3501e, 3501i, 3502e, 3502i

It didn't list the 1260. I just want to make sure that it is compatible before I go ahead.

As long as the connectors match and the frequency, you can use them.

System Requirements

This antenna is designed for indoor use with any 2.4-GHz Cisco Aironet radio device that uses a RP-TNC connector.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Hey Pat,

A little history for ya ...

Way back in the day 1990's vendors would market their products and they would only allow their antennas on devices. Part of the reason was because they didn't want users to take say a 300mW radio and add another vendors 20 dBi gain antenna which would FAR exceed the FCC output.

It also increaed their sales.

Today, not so much a hindrance. You can mix and match so long as the connectors match and the frequency is correct.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin