Views
Helpful
Replies

Antenna Choice For Ensuring Minimun Bleed-Through

gurusunshine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Hopefully a quick question regarding antenna choice, using a few 3602e AP's which antenna would give the best result in minimizing bleed through to the floor below? Ideally I would like no signal present on the floor below but how feasible that is when your talking about a 7-9 metre gap with only a 500mm slab between 1st floor ceiling and ground floor base.

The dual band directional antenna looks promising but not sure if this suits an large open plan office, my planning software gives me a feel but not having the chance to field test leaves me trying to nail this solution off site. Any thoughts or experience would be most appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Antenna gain can help, but you need to calculate the overall EIRP, which is TX power plus antenna gain.  Bleed between floor are tough to control and sometimes you can't control that.  Lowering the TX power on the AP might help, but that would mean you would need more AP's in general to cover the floor.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Nick,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

CCI is not only an issue that will be faced in aggregating channels within the high-density deployment but something that must be kept in mind regarding existing deployments of surrounding areas. Lecture halls and classrooms tend to be co-located in the same facility, so overall design must be considered.

For more information please refer to the link-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps10981/design_guide_c07-693245.html#wp9001240

Hope this will help you.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not going to be easy.   And it's not going to be cheap either.

One way I can think of is to use single-direction wall-mounted patch antennas and mounting it on the floor (hopefully inside a container).

What is your intention to minimize the signals bleeding in between floors?

Thanks for the three reply posts. Read the link again as I have a few times before.  I seem to nod/understand each section but put it all together my brain aches.

Remit is two floors requiring full coverage but the ground floor requires no or extremely weak signal due to active signal equipment. Obviously looking to deploy the best solution.

My question in a nutshell is you have either a 3602i ceiling mount, 3602e wall mounted with flexible omni's or 3602e wall mounted with dual directional antenna which one would have the least vertical bleed through.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To be honest... Neither one. They both will have vertical coverage. Typically when a survey is done, its done to provide coverage for that floor not to limit RF bleed. It's the same reason you really can't prevent the rf from bleed past the exterior walls and windows. Windows will allow enough rf bleed to see the RF for a few floors.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card