cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1240 looses channel after power off on sequence

hartmutri
Level 1
Level 1

We have configured several AIR-AP1242AG-E-K9 Accesspoints (Version 12.4(3g)JA) in preparation for a bigger installation. When we installed the APs all parameters were as configured, but the channel was set back on least Congested Frequency. After a general power failure on the installation it happened again with most of the APs. Is this a software bug ? Is a workaround available ? I have written a script to set all channels on fixed values again, but this is not my favorite solution

5 Replies 5

bcolvin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

Do you have a sanatized copy of your configuration.

also for your AP vaerion the use of DFS is required for the "A" radio, this means you do not get to select the channel, it will operate in least congested mode. you shhould be able to set the Chaannels for the "BG" radio,

Bill

Hi Bill,

attached you'll find our configuration. We only use the bg radio, so the etsi restriction for dynamic channel selection can't be reasonable for that behaviour. Setting the channels worked well. They were also stable as long power stays on - even after reboots. Only after power off the ap the channel setting was lost - even in the config-file was no entry for channel (which was before). Do you know if there is a problem with a special firmware version ? (I didn't find something, but maybe...)

With best regards,

Hartmut

Hartmut

Your running configuration looks good and as you don't mention loosing any other settings only the channel, I would look at your saved startup config and compare it to the running config.

i would also try configuring the AP with the web interface to see if that changes anything.

Good luck

Bill

bdunsing2
Level 1
Level 1

If you haven't fixed this yet - I had the same issue with a 1310 bridge. My issue was resolved by loading a fresh copy of the latest IOS to flash.

Thank you for your hint, this is what exactly what i intend to do next...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card