Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

AP 1242 WGB may be associate with mesh LAP 1522 in 5Ghz?

Hi,

It is possible to associate AP 1242 configured as WGB to mesh LAP 1522 in 5Ghz band?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: AP 1242 WGB may be associate with mesh LAP 1522 in 5Ghz?

It should work, so long as you have client backhaul access enabled in your MESH config, and Aironet IE enabled in the WLAN

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
4 REPLIES
Community Member

Yes. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. But, why wouldn't you just configure your 1242 to be lightweight and convert it to a Mesh AP, then check the box for ethernet bridging?

Community Member

Thanks Elliot.

I want to convert AP1242 to LAP1242 and then to mesh but i need enterprise wireless mesh licence on WLC.

If i have enterprise wireless mesh licence i want to know if  this scenario is functional ?

In this scenario i want to transport 2 Vlans over mesh wireless (one of the MAP is LAP1242) network.

It 's possible?

WLC ------- Switch (Vlan10,Vlan20 ) ------- RAP (1522, 5Ghz, Ethernet Bridge )  ------- MAP (1522, 5Ghz, Ethernet Bridge) -------- MAP (1242, 5Ghz, Ethernet Bridge) -------Switch (Vlan10,Vlan20)

It should work, so long as you have client backhaul access enabled in your MESH config, and Aironet IE enabled in the WLAN

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Community Member

Thanks for help Stephen.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content