Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1250 status of leds: amber - off - green

Hello,

We have a controller AIR-MLC2112-K9 and 10 AP AIR-LAP1252AG-N-K9, the last week relocate an AP when i connect the AP to the new location, this send the following status: amber ETHERNET, off STATUS and green RADIO. This convinacion not appear in the Troubleshooting 1250 Series Lightweight

Access Points, When I connect to the console port does not send any of information, as if it had nothing connected.

Anyone knows about the solution to this error?

Thanks!!!

10 Replies 10

Abha Jha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the Troubleshooting 1250 series not appear this combination amber  off  green

I am also having the same problem with this model AP. Ethernet - Amber, Status - Off, Radio - Green. Port on the switch state that a device is connected and there are link lights on the switch, but show power linline displays auto off and 0 power, as if nothing is connected.

I wouldn't bother.  The 1250 is not just old but the ones you have could be part of a batch with a faulty memory component.  

Read this:  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/637/fn63763.html

Regardless of whether or not your appliance has maintenance, call your Cisco AM/SE or the authorized vendor and INSIST they replace your AP with the 1260.

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

Kindly find the link below may help you have some information and address your query.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1250/installation/guide/125h_c3.html#wp1077466

Table 3-1 Autonomous Access Point LED Signals

Regarding LED status colors, it is expected that there will be small variations in color intensity and hue from unit to unit. This is within the normal range of the LED manufacturer's specifications and is not a defect.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Console into the AP and bounce the AP and post the while output. The issues can be provided in that output.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

8jwilliams
Level 1
Level 1

We are having the exact same issue, we were moving 8 AP's from a 3750 to a new 3850 and 4 of 8 failed in same manner, the Ethernet is Amber and Radio is green.  No documentation shows this color code.  There isn't even a red/green if we want to say the color intensity/hue is off...   Console shows nothing either.....

That usually means the AP negotiated at 100 Mbps. That would show up in the console when the ap is bottling up.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

The problem is there is nothing showing up in the console; alomost as if the unit were dead

We are currently having this exact issue. I know this was a while ago for you, but do you remember what the verdict was?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card