Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP 1252 with external antennas

Hi all,

I have to cover 2 outside areas (approx. 40x40meters each, distance between areas is approx. 110m) for data users.

For this purpose I would like to use two AP 1252 (one AP for each area) with 3 external 2,4 GHz Antennas AIR-ANT 2506 and 3 external 5 GHz antennas AIR-ANT5160V-R for each AP 1252. I’m going to place APs inside the 2 buildings (one AP in one building) and put antennas outside of the buildings.

My questions are:

1.      ANT 2506 is designed as a bridge to bridge point to multipoint antenna (mast mounted) but I think, it should work ok for an AP (for Client laptop applications), doesn’t it ? 

2.      What is the better high to put these antennas (I have one 3 store building and one 7 store building) ?

Thanks.

Cheers

Mike.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: AP 1252 with external antennas

I would place no antennae for client use higher than 40 feet above the client device. Might I suggest a 3rd part antenna with all 6 antennae inside a case hardened enclosure for outdoor use. Contact me directly for more info on this antenna.

3 REPLIES

I would place no antennae for client use higher than 40 feet above the client device. Might I suggest a 3rd part antenna with all 6 antennae inside a case hardened enclosure for outdoor use. Contact me directly for more info on this antenna.

Thanks a lot Dennis,

We've already bought these antennas and currently I'm thinking of design and implementation. Will follow your advise regarding 40 feet.

Dennis,

I'm interested in your outdoor enclosure with antenna solution you were referencing.  Can you elaborate?

I need to cover an outdoor area with both 2.4 and 5ghz using 1252.  I'd prefer to keep the AP inside and penatrate the wall to mount the antenna outside.

Thanks in advance!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content