Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AP-1262 in "Bridge Mode" - NOT Workgroup Bridge.

I have QTY-3 Cisco AP-1262-N Access Points that I would like to configure in Bridge Mode.

TOPOLOGY

Location “A” is an office building with a wired LAN that is connected to the Internet via a T1 connection.

Location “B” is a residence 2 miles from Location “A” and it has good / great Line of Sight to Location “A” and to Location “C”

Location “C” is another residence 6 miles from Location “B”. It has good Line of Sight to Location “B” but NO Line of Sight to Location “A”

Currently Locations “B” and “C” are connected to Location “A” with Aironet 350 radios with 2.4 GHz 24dBi Grid Antennas. Location “A” is currently the “Root” station which connects to Location “B”.

The Aironet radios at Locations “B” & “C” are configured as “Non-root” stations and are wired into a switch at each location providing a LAN at each residence.

Location “C” connects to Location “B” which in turn makes the LAN at Location “A” accessible to it.

A router Location “A” provides DHCP and DNS services to clients at Locations “B” & “C”

I have attached a simple MS Viso drawing for clarity.

QUESTIONS

1/ Can I configure the 2.4 GHz radio in the AP-1262-N Access Points as “Bridge Radios” and also configure the 5 GHz radio to allow WIRED and WIRELESS clients at Locations “B” & “C”? I DO NOT want wireless clients to be able to connect to the radio (neither 2.4 or 5 GHz) at Location “A”.

2/ Given the topology above which AP-1262-N should I configure as the “Root”?

3/ Is there a Cisco Configuration Guide which will guide me through the “Bridge” configuration? The only references I can find are to “Workgroup Bridges” which I am under the impression are limited to 8 clients. The IOS seems to have different commands for “Workgroup Bridges” and “Root Bridges”.   If a guide specific to “Bridge Configuration” is not available, is there a sample configuration available?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Brian

4 REPLIES

I should have mentioned that Locations "B & "C" are in completetly opposite directions from Location "A".  That is to say that the "Line of Sight" from Location "B" to Location "C" goes almost directly over Location "A".

A single parabolic antenna mounted at Location "B" can talk to Locations "A" & "C".

Location "A" is in a valley, which is why "Location "C" cannot "see" it.

Might also be worth noting that the only reason I am fighting this battle in the first place is that there is NO form of internet connectivity available in Locations "B" nor "C".

Brian

Silver

HI,Is this scenario is live or running well or not

---

Posted by WebUser Anshul Rohilla

The current setup (using old Aironet 350 radios and 2.4 GHz 24dBi Parabolic Grid Antennas) is in use today and working well.  We want to replace the old radios with new AP-1262-N Access Points in order to up our security potential.

Brian

Silver

non-overlapin overlapping overlapping channels

---

Posted by WebUser Anshul Rohilla

Views
Helpful
Replies