Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AP 1524 Bridge configuration

Hi all,

Someone already do a bridge configuration with 1524 AP? I read Cisco documentation, and is not very clear regarding configuration on switch side.

I will do a Bridge in trunking mode, so i want to know what is the VLAN i need to set as native vlan on the switch trunk port.

Do i need to set the management vlan as native VLAN? Is someone had some documentation regarding this, please send me information.

Thanks

Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: AP 1524 Bridge configuration

Most of the time if the AP or Mesh ap is not in h-reap/flexconnect, then you configure it as a switchport access.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
6 REPLIES

The ap management vlan should be the native vlan you configure on the switch if your are trunking.  Also aloow only the managment vlan and any other vlans that you will be placing wireless users on.

-Scott

Most of the time if the AP or Mesh ap is not in h-reap/flexconnect, then you configure it as a switchport access.

-Scott

Nice thanks.

Did i need to do this on both RAP and MAP switch port configure as trunk? (Native vlan management)

Thanks

The RAP is the only one that is connected to an ethernet port, so I would just use an access port.  The MAP connects to the RAP, so there is no ethernet configuration.

-Scott

Thanks, but in my case i want to configure a point to point bridge configuration.

The point is , i want to use and give the same layer 2 vlan on a switch on the MAP side.

Did is possible? I have some device on the MAP side directly connect on a switch and the layer 3 switch is on the RAP side.

Thanks

Thierry,

Here is a link... just scroll down to Ethernet VLAN Tagging Guidelines

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0/configuration/guide/c70mesh.html#wp1542630

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies