Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP 3700

Dear All,

What is the minimum software version that is required on WLC 5508 to support this ac supported ap's...?

And what new feature available over 3600 series..?

Thanks in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: AP 3700

You should be fine with that or else Cisco would be in trouble:). I have many clients that jumped on the the 3600's and the AC modules. And if you also look at the AC module, the initial release was wave 1 and wave 2 has support for more channels. These to can work together, but just remember that channels need to be setup the same. So a mix with wave 1 AC and wave 2 AC can work, you just should've have the one support more channels than the other. I'm guessing when it does come out, that a guide would be posted.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Actually to step into ac while the 3600 is supported on 7.2, 7.5 is required for the module ..

3600 with module requires 7.5
3700 requires 7.6

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
12 REPLIES

Features are dependent on WLC code. The 3700 will require v7.6. The 3600 requires v7.2. You go from modular to non modular but you would need to look at the release notes when available or ask your Cisco SE as some info might still be NDA.

-Scott

Well here is link to the 3700, you can just look at that and compare that to the 3600 with the AC module.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps13367/index.html

-Scott

AP 3700

Many thanks to your reply.

We have already few 3600 ap's placed on our building for just data support. And now we look forward to provide voice & video supported wifi network with 3700 ap's. It is obvious that ap count will get increased.

In this scenario, shall we keep existing 3600 by procuring ac supported module and also 3700 for additional (to support video)

or we need to completely migrate to 3700 series ap's?

In clarity, shall we keep both 3600 (with ac module attached) and 3700 on the same floor? Will it create any issues?

Here is the matrix

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps10981/at_a_glance_c45-636090.pdf

-Scott

You should be fine with that or else Cisco would be in trouble:). I have many clients that jumped on the the 3600's and the AC modules. And if you also look at the AC module, the initial release was wave 1 and wave 2 has support for more channels. These to can work together, but just remember that channels need to be setup the same. So a mix with wave 1 AC and wave 2 AC can work, you just should've have the one support more channels than the other. I'm guessing when it does come out, that a guide would be posted.

-Scott

Actually to step into ac while the 3600 is supported on 7.2, 7.5 is required for the module ..

3700 requires 7.6

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

George is right about code support for the AC module. I was just looking at the AP support.

-Scott

AP 3700

Thank you so much for all your time to respond ..... Really helpful.

AP 3700

I presented at Cisco Live in Orlando on 802.11ac in Healthcare .. Here is our data:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le21/le39/docs/tdw_199_preso.pdf

Here is the recorded video

https://www.ciscolive2013.com/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=11911

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Hall of Fame Super Gold

AP 3700

Just logged in to check the price between 3600 vs 3700.  Prices are the same.  Don't see any logic to go 3600, if that's the case.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

AP 3700

3700 requires 7.63600 with module requires 7.5

3700 requires 7.6

C'mon, Abhishek!

If you need to copy-and-paste from George's post, can you please DO IT RIGHT?  

AP 3700

3700 requires 7.63600 with module requires 7.5
3700 requires 7.6

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content