Views
Helpful
Replies

AP cannot register on WLC 5508

paultim68
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

AP cannot register on WLC 5508. WLC connects to 4507 as trunk port.

Layer 2 vlan / Layer 3 vlan and DHCP Scope are configured on 4507. On WLC the interface got IP address and DHCP IP address. Access Points connects to POE Switch. There   is a trunk configured between POE and 4507

show cdp neigh on 4507 displays connection to WLC and POE

show cdp nei on POE displays connection to 4507 and Access point.

what could be possible reason for AP not registering on WLC

cheers

paul

23 Replies 23

Missed it.. wat ur doing is for 1000 series APs not not the one that ur using!! use the below..

Other Cisco Lightweight Access Points (LAPs)

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Thanks

option 43 hex  

did u test with ascii

option 43 "192.168.1.1" example - WLC managment IP

i guess ASCII is for 1000 series APs.. for rest its HEX!!

Regards
Surendra BG

thanks

Wait a second ... LOL

If the AP is on teh same subnet at the WLC and the ap isnt joining option 43 isnt going to help you .. Thats used if the aps are on a different subnet ..

The other issue is you have and E access point and you said your WLC is set on the US domain. You need to put your WLC on the Europe domain for the E access point to join ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Paul -- I created a video on how to do DHCP option43 on a wondows box ... if you ever need it

http://www.my80211.com/cisco-wlc-labs/2009/7/4/cisco-dhcp-option-43-configuration-nugget.html

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

WOW!! Book marked it!!

Regards
Surendra BG

You didnt see that before ?

missed it!!

Regards
Surendra BG
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: