Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AP frequently association and disassociation

We have an WLC 4402 running 5.2.157 code and WCS 5.2. AP1131 & 1142 is using in our environment.

In our environment, we find that there are frequent AP association and disassociation events in the WCS.

Usually association event will come up after a few minutes of the disassociation event.

From the trap log in the WLC, I could see the following

AP 'XXX', MAC: XXX disassociated previously due to AP Reset. Last reboot  reason: power loss

and some message is like that

AP 'XXX', MAC: XXX disassociated previously due to AP Reset. Last reboot reason: operator changed 11g mode     

Any Idea on that ???

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: AP frequently association and disassociation

Upgrade to 6.0.182.0 or later and observe.

I have some difficulties in upgrading to a major release (Not technical issue)

Is there any configuration / work around could solve the problem???

Thanks.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

I've seen happen when I used to run 5.x firmware.  When I upgraded to 6.X everything went away.

I too am having this issue, I am running a WiSM with 6.0.188.0.  The AP will connect then say %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Retransmission count for packet exceeded max(CAPWAP_ECHO_REQUEST) and reboot.

Was suggested by TAC to do two simatanious captures.  That's interesting to setup with a all Fiber 6500 and no copper available.  Come on, there has to be something to this. I have been reading this same issue all over the place. My AP is one switch away from my core, no interface drops or errors, and the AP is dropping 5 packets and the AP goes POOF?

Just doesn't make sense..

Views
Helpful
Replies