cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP losing connectivity to Controller

Rob Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

2602 AP loosing connectivity to 5508 running 7.4.110.0.

This very well could be happening during higher traffic periods

-AP has been moved to another port and even to another switch

-AP was even replace with a new one

-Apparently there are other APs on the segment staying joined up

Looking for hints to troubleshoot

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well you have done almost everything except for actually for the cable run itself. Replace patch cables and use canned air to blow of the Ethernet port on the AP and also the biscuit jack if one has been used. When the AP looses connectivity to the WLC and look at the switch show inline power (Cisco switch) and make sure the device is showing up right and not showing IEEE. If it does, it's usually a layer 1 issue. Depending in the switch you have, you can run a TDR test.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-18983

This is Leo's favorite:)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well you have done almost everything except for actually for the cable run itself. Replace patch cables and use canned air to blow of the Ethernet port on the AP and also the biscuit jack if one has been used. When the AP looses connectivity to the WLC and look at the switch show inline power (Cisco switch) and make sure the device is showing up right and not showing IEEE. If it does, it's usually a layer 1 issue. Depending in the switch you have, you can run a TDR test.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-18983

This is Leo's favorite:)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Rob Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Alright guys. Thanks for the responses.

I'll get into this a little more tomorrow and look to see if there are anymore clues to help me figure this one out.

take care:::

Rob,

I asked one Cisco (back in 2011) if they can add TDR function to CPI but all I heard is cricket.  TDR will benefit CPI because CPI now monitors switch ports. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card